StudyFlex is committed to the promotion of equality of opportunity and to creating and sustaining an environment that values and celebrates the diversity of its staff and students, in pursuance of the principle of equality of opportunity
StudyFlex values and promotes equality and diversity and will seek to ensure that it treats all individuals fairly and with dignity and respect. It is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
We seek to provide equality to all, irrespective of: gender, including gender re-assignment; marital or civil partnership status; having or not having dependants; religious belief or political opinion; race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins); disability; sexual orientation and age.
This policy applies to:
- all applicants for employment, employees and all those who work for the company and relates to all decisions in respect of recruitment and selection, promotion, access to training and the provision of terms and conditions of employment; and
- all student applicants and potential applicants and relates to all decisions in respect of students and the provision of all services to students including teaching and supervision, assessment, progression and award, and support services.
The policy is reflective of the company’s commitment to develop fully and utilise the talents of all its staff and students.
StudyFlex is committed to:
- actively promoting equality of opportunity and to respecting and celebrating the cultural diversity within the company
- promoting a good and harmonious environment free material or actions or language likely to be provocative, offensive or intimidatory;
- fulfilling its legal obligations under the equality legislation and associated codes of practice; and
- taking lawful affirmative and positive action, where appropriate.
Status of the Policy
- Breaches of the policy will be regarded as misconduct and may lead to disciplinary proceedings.
- All visitors to the Company will be expected to comply with the policy.
- Those contracted to work at or for the Company, including sub contractors, will be expected to comply with the policy.
- Students who believe they have suffered any form of discrimination, harassment or victimisation are entitled to raise the matter through the complaints procedure, as noted in the Participants Guide.
- Every effort will be made to ensure that any person making a complaint will not be victimised. All complaints of discrimination, harassment or victimisation will be dealt with promptly and confidentially. If on investigation, it is established that discrimination, victimisation or harassment has occurred, disciplinary action will result and may warrant dismissal/expulsion.